Diagnostic testing varies on whether the genito-pelvic dysesthesia is a hyperfunction or hypofunction, but their purpose is to test the ability to feel in different areas of the genitals and pelvis to help determine which nerves appear to be affected.
Neurogenital Testing Information in women
Neurogenital Testing Information in Men
- Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection (TFESI)
Epidural steroid injections are performed to decrease the inflammation caused by spinal abnormalities such as annular tears or Tarlov cysts.
- Genital Thermal Sensation Testing (Heat/Cold)
- Biothesiometry (vibration)
- Sacral Dermatome Testing
- Bulbocavernosus Reflex Latency Testing
- Vaginal Pudendal Afferent Nerve Testing (VPANT)
- Urethral Pudendal Afferent Nerve Testing (UPANT)